Some of the general rules for interpreting Vimshottari Dasha are given below :
1. Generally, the effects of any Major Period Lord or Period Lord, etc. always pertain to the houses they own or to their representative articles, things, relations, etc.
2. The effects of Major Period (Mahadasha) Lord will be seen throughout the period, say, for 18 years in case of Rahu.
3. The effects of Period (Dasha) Lord (which is for a shorter duration, i.e. in case of Rahu-Rahu, it is 2 y 8 m 12 d) will be more precise as far as the timing of an event is concerned.
4. All rules, whether the planet is benefic or malefic, strong or weak, explained earlier, will also apply here.
5. If the Major Period (Mahadasha) Lord is benefic and Period Lord is also benefic, effects will be generally good, if they are related by being in each other's sign, by conjunction, by mutual aspect, by being in angular/Trikona positions.
6. If the Major Period (Mahadasha) Lord and Period Lord are benefic, but not related, the general effects of Major Period Lord will be more.
7. If the Major Period and Period Lords are malefic, bad effects will be there.
8. If the Period Lord is enemy to the Major Period Lord, bad effects of Period Lord will be felt more.
9. As explained earlier, Lords of VI, VIII and XII houses are considered bad. Hence, if the Major period or Period lords happen to be the Lords of VI, VIII and XII houses, bad effects will be there.
10. Relative position of Major Period Lord and Period Lord are also considered. Say, if Period Lord happens to be the owner of VI, VIII or XII house, counted from the Major Period Lord, the above rule 8 will also apply.
11. Certain planets are considered good or bad for different Ascendants. Therefore, while deciding whether the planet is benefic or malefic, consider this also. This is explained in earlier chapters.
12. Major Period or Period of Yogakaraka planet is considered generally good.
13. If the Major Period Lord or Period Lord is enemy to the Ascendant Lord, bad results can be expected.
14. All rules pertaining to Period Lord and its relation to Major Period Lord and their effects will apply to Sub-Period Lord and its relation
Software for Website